The height and beauty of a structure can never surpass the strength of its foundation. Many may draw conclusions from the structure they see, but it is the prudent who considers that which is not readily seen - the foundation upon which the structure rests.
While it is true that the construction process consists of planning, procuring, arranging and building of tangible materials, it is the sum of numerous intangibles that allow those who build structures to rise above the rest.
The height and beauty of a structure is an expression of what its foundation allows. Often the structure is mighty and beautiful, but the structure is not first, it's second. This is the philosophy that drives our companies. It is our foundation, our heritage, and your deciding difference.
As on any project, efficiency and effectiveness become vital characteristics toward the end result. We build our corporate philosophy and procedures into each and every job we partake. This has been and will continue to be the foundation of our success. Our success is not the result of luck or chance; it is the result of our continuous commitment to our many customers.
Partnering is not a contract, but a recognition that every contract includes an implied convenant of good faith. The Partnering philosophy offers various benefits to all members involved in a project. When analyzing all stakeholders’ interests in a project, it is not surprising that the benefits received through Partnering are mutually common to everyone. The following is a list of some of the major benefits.
- Enhanced enjoyment of coming to work knowing that problems will be resolved before they become disputes.
- Increased opportunity for value engineering ideas, through collective innovation. With everyone’s honest input, changes or improvements can be brought to the table and discussed on how the end result will be affected, instead of just one link.
- Significantly reduces safety hazards when everyone works together.
- Enhanced role in the decision making process as an active team member.
- Potential to improve cash flow due to fewer disputes and withheld payments.
- Lower administrative costs due to the elimination of upper management involvement, and defensive case building procedures.
- Lower risk of cost overruns through a better management process controlling time and costs.
- Increases opportunity to achieve financial goals, through a win/win attitude.
- Better overall quality because the focus is on the end product, not the adversarial concerns.
Partnering has the potential to change our industry, one project at a time. Tuttle Construction, Inc. embraces the Partnering concept on all projects.